Fall is my favorite season! I love sweatshirts and jeans and still being able to pair them with flip-flops!! This is completely normal, right? While flip-flops are number one, boots are a pretty close second place and fall is the perfect time to get them out. I’m not a huge pumpkin spice lover, but do love anything apple and cinnamon. Colorado is the perfect state to live in during fall, not that I have lived in any other state to compare but that doesn’t matter. The weather is nearly perfect, not too warm during the days and chilly enough in the evening you can have a fire. I could go on and on, below are a few of the reasons why I enjoy fall:
- Going to a farm and picking vegetables. Before the boys were in school we went to the farm with the MOPs group (sidenote: I LOVED my MOPs group, if you have small children I highly recommend looking for one in your area) I was a part of, then when they started school, all the preschoolers and kindergartenrs went. This is the first year that I don’t have a scheduled trip to a farm to pick veggies but I’m hoping I will get it in!!
- Going to a pumpkin patch and corn maze. We don’t normally buy pumpkins at the pumpkin patch but we do love going and playing!
- The Colors!! You can’t beat the colors in fall.
- Caramel apples, apple cider, chili, and soups (Check out our Pinterest board for some great recipes)
- Carving pumpkins and roasting seeds. We go to my mom’s house every year and the boys carve pumpkins with their cousins.
- Another reason fall is wonderful, leaf piles……….what else is there to say!
- Spending most Sundays at my mom’s house watching football- GO BRONCOS!!
- Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta- For multiple years we enjoyed visiting my dad and Rhonda in early October and going to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. This almost yearly trip will probably be occurring a lot less frequently now that my dad and Rhonda have moved to Arizona but hopefully we will make the trip again sometime in the next few years.
As you can see, there are a lot of reasons fall is most wonderful time of the year, let me know what you love most about fall. Be sure to check back frequently, because a fun fall craft and decoration ideas will be coming your way soon!