As a group we began discussing a travel bucket list and that discussing turned into a blog post sharing with you where we would love to visit. Where is your dream vacation? Have you visited the places we want to go? Comment below and let us know!
My travel bucket list in no particular order is as follows….
Ireland – When I dream of visiting Ireland there are 4 things that come to my mind…the beautiful scenery – all that green, the pubs – who wouldn’t love to grab a pint with their lad?, their accents <—- which is the only way that sentence sounds cool, AND they have castles. Honest to goodness, real life, gigantic castles that once held true princes’ and princesses!! If only eating Lucky Charms could make my wish of this dream vacation come true.
Australia – G’day mate! Clearly I have a secret love for accents. No kidding, my love of Australia began when I watched the Wiggles day in and day out with my girls. Because of them I would love to step foot in the Sydney Harbour and see the Sydney Opera House. I’ve never touched the Indian Ocean. Not only is it a continent and a country but is also has territories named Queensland AND Victoria. Did you know they even have kangaroo parks where you can feed kangaroos?! For real. I learned that from my Australian mates. Not to mention my middle daughter would be head over heels to meet the one and only Bindi Irwin and hug a koala. My biggest stumbling block on this adventure is that my husband absolutely hates to fly and there’s not really any other way to get down under.
New York City – this is different because I have been there BUT I didn’t get to see everything I wanted to. The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Ground Zero and the subway are all things I’ve only read about and would love to see/touch and experience for myself. This one is definitely a girls trip just waiting to happen 🙂
My grandma always told me I should go to college, travel, and then get married, if I have run out of places to visit. I did do life in that order, but I also enjoyed traveling with my hubby, but there are still a few places I want to visit! My travel bucket list is as follows:
- Italy–I want to do it all! Rome, Venice, Florence, ALL OF IT! So my Italian trip will be one that is multiple weeks long.
- Greece–Did you read or watch Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? Remember when Lena goes to Santorini? Yeah, I want to go there!
- Hawaii–So I’ve been to Kauai and it was AMAZING! But I want to go to the Big Island and see some of the historical stuff and then go back to Kauai!
- England–So my husband lived in England for a while during his childhood. I’m a bit jealous of his time there. I want to see mainly the touristy stuff, but I would love to see the things that were a part of his life while he lived in England.
- ALL 50 STATES–When I was younger, planning my travels, I made a goal to visit all 50 states before I turned 40! I have 18 states left to visit! (and only 4.5 years to do it!)
a. I want to note that on my bucket list is a trip to Walt Disney World in Florida and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Yes, I’ve been to Florida, but if I was given a chance to go to these two or North Dakota, sorry, ND, I’m going to see Mickey and Harry first, but don’t worry…I will visit North Dakota! 😀
Traveling has always been a hope and dream of mine. I can’t think of ever saying “Nope, I have NO desire to go there.” There are definitely locations that out rank others and certainly some areas less desirable but I would never pass up the opportunity to experience a new region and culture. My bucket list seems to be more geographical locations then specific countries or cities. I just couldn’t narrow it down!!
- Europe- There are so many amazing and interesting places in Europe, one country doesn’t out rank the others, here are some places I would definitely LOVE to visit:
- Scottland- I’m getting caught up on Outlander episodes and have read 5 or 6 of the books, and what can I say, the Highlands, Loch Ness, this:
- London, England– How much fun would it be to go to Buckingham Palace and see the guards in those hats and visit the Tower of London or Big Ben!
- Paris, France– I took French in middle school and high school, and let me tell you, I can barely read and write in English so you can guess how well I did in French. But spending all those years not learning to speak French made me want to visit more. Here are a few places that make my must see list when I go: the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Champs-Elysées, and the Arc de Triomphe.
- Italy- Venice, Rome, anywhere really! Gondolas, the Vatican, Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Germany– When I think of Germany I think of the architecture and culture, Octoberfest and food!
I know, I know what you are thinking, come on Melina, be original, but how can I with all these ancient, historical landmarks!
- Spain– Madrid, Barcelona, just to name a couple cities but how can you not want to see as much of a country as possible that lets people be chased down streets by bulls!!
- Ireland– I think Janelle covered this one pretty well!!
- Greece- Athens and all those islands with buildings on the hillside above the ocean, come on! I remember as a child my dad would say that his dream vacation would be sailing the Greek Islands, spending each evening eating dinner and drinking the regional wine on a different Island. Sounds pretty amazing to me.
- New York and the East coast– I have visited almost all of the states in the western and central United States, but haven’t been to many states on the East coast. New York has been very high on my travel bucket list for a long time. There are a ton of movies and tv shows that take place in New York and all of them show it in a slightly different light. I would love to experience it for myself! I went to Connecticut when I was around 11 or 12. My grandma grew up there and one of my great aunts still lives in their childhood home. It was so much fun and I would love to see more of that area of the country. Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. and even down a little more south, like the Virginia’s and the Carolina’s would all be amazing states to visit so they are on my bucket list too.
- The Caribbean– I’m not too picky when it comes to beaches, tropical drinks, and sun!! A few of the places that come to mind when I think of the Caribbean are Atlantis in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, and the Dominican Republic. How much fun would it be to stay in a bungalow over the ocean? My mom has a big birthday coming up next September. We’ve been talking about taking a tropical vacation with our entire family. Hopefully one of these locations will get crossed off.
Don’t forget to comment below to let us know where you want to go or have been – we love travel tips!